Opportunities for Advancing the Climate and Bioeconomy Agenda in Africa
AKADEMIYA2063 is organizing a high-level seminar in conjunction with its 7th Annual Board Meeting to promote stakeholder dialogue around evidence-based pathways to enhancing Africa’s climate action capacities.
The session will provide a platform to exchange with key stakeholders and development partners on innovative data and analytics needed to have better-informed programmatic instruments for sustainable climate-centered interventions. The session will convene a broad group of stakeholders in Rwanda and at the continental level, including AU institutions, RECs, development partners, policymakers, and the private sector, to facilitate knowledge exchange and mutual learning.
The event aims to 1. Discuss research evidence and trends in adaptation and mitigation options in African agriculture, 2. Examine advances in greenhouse gas (GHG) emission tracking, 3. Discuss bioeconomy opportunities for African economies, and 4. Engage with leading experts, practitioners, and policymakers around climate change adaptation and mitigation, to debate opportunities for mainstreaming.
The session will feature the following speakers:
1. Ambassador Ertharin Cousin, Vice Chair, AKADEMIYA2063 Board of Trustees
2. Dr. Ousmane Badiane, Executive Chairperson, AKADEMIYA2063
3. Hon. Dr. Jeanne d’Arc Mujawamariya, Minister of Environment, Rwanda
4. Dr. Getaw Tadesse, Director, Operational Support, AKADEMIYA2063
5. Dr. Racine Ly, Director, Data Management, Digital Products, and Technology, AKADEMIYA2063
6. Dr. Moumini Savadogo, Managing Director, AKADEMIYA2063
7. Ms. Beatrice Cyiza, Director General of Environment and Climate Change, Ministry of Environment, Rwanda
8. Dr. Olivier Kamana, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources, Rwanda
9. Dr. Esperance Munganyinka, Head of Department, National Research and Innovation Fund (NRIF), National Council for Science and Technology (NCST), Rwanda
10. Hon. Dr. Ildephonse Musafiri, Minister of Agriculture and Animal Resources, Rwanda